- Hits: 9427
A Great Spring Race!
- 3 mile "few mile intro" on a park road that will be done once at the beginning of the race.
- (START LOOP) The first 1.5 miles is fast and flat mostly over an old road gravel road bed with great footing and smooth sailing.
- The second 2 miles is a rocky and rooty single track as you bound along the top of the gorge. If you glance to your right, you can see the river and opposite cliff walls. If it's wet you'll cross over two waterfalls
- After a visit to the aid station (mile 3.3), a quick descent leads into 3 miles of cliffs and awesome rock features. Very technical running over and around awesome geological features. (This year we WILL be crossing over the large foot bridges)
- At the end of each loop you get 2 solid climbs of ~180' (steep rocky old steps), with a ~200' decent in 1 mile.
- Repeat Loop 3 more times. (4 total)
COURSE MAP: Interactive map. (The main loop)
WHEN: Saturday May 3, 2014. The race starts at 8:30am.
PARKING: John Bryan State Park, Yellow Springs, Ohio. We will fill the main lot (I will have at least two spots coned for the course). There are plenty of side parking areas. Simple parking map. The red line is the course and the parking areas are in yellow. The course runs by all the parking areas.
REGISTRATION: Race day registration ($25) begins at 7:30a at John Bryan State Park. ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. If you plan to register on race day, if possible please email the RD so he can plan accordingly.
FEES: $25 ($25 Race Day) includes a custom tie-dye shirt for the first 100 entries. These are NOT machined... cotton, real goodness. Please register if you plan on running.
AWARDS: All finishers will receive finisher awards.
Meet some new friends and have a great time while making a valuable contribution to the local running community by volunteering at this event. If you would like to help, please contact the race director(s) (above), and we'll be sure to find a job for you!
2014 RD Diary:
- Permit mailed to ODNR